Supporting Learning in the Home
This short on line course aims to prepare you for supporting your own children in the home learning environment, particularly during the current COVID19 situation. It will also allow you to develop skills needed for further progression onto any of our accredited Health and Social Care courses. For example;’ Level 1 Award in ‘Preparing to work in Schools’ or Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning’, which will be delivered through blended learning from September 2020.
- You will learn how children and young people develop and how play supports learning and development.
- You will learn how effective communication supports the development of relationships in a learning environment.
- You will learn how to keep children safe in the learning environment and how to support children to manage their own risk.
- You will learn how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people and the actions to take when children become ill or injured.
Advantages of this course
- You will develop a greater understanding of how play is crucial for the overall development of children
- You will gain an understanding of how a warm family environment can lay the best foundation for social development, building co-operation, independence and self-confidence.
- You will develop an understanding of your children’s school schedules and the learning approaches used in the learning environment.
- You will develop an understanding of your child’s learning needs and how best to support them
- You will explore how to create a safe learning environment and what to do in the event of an accident, incident and emergency.
- Additional activities will encourage you to reflect your learning.