Business Administration - Entry 3 Award
This course is for learners new to business administration and would like to start a career in this area. This course is a good start for learners with no knowledge in this sector. This course will lead to a Level 1 qualification in Business Administration.
30 Guided Learning Hours. You will also need additional study time to write and complete three assignments.
Who Is This Course For?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their Business Admin skills for everyday life and work and achieve a qualification.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, Pearson BTEC Entry Level Certificate in Principles of Business Administration (Entry 3). There are a range of learning activities in class to ensure you have the skills and knowledge for each assessment. There is a written assessment for each unit, therefore good ICT skills are essential. The course embeds the development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you will complete the following mandatory units:
- Introduction to Working in Business Administration
- Professional Behaviour in a Business Environment
- Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at Work
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course can lead to employment or progression to a higher level e.g. Business Administration Level 1 course.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
- Using ICT to complete your assignments.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- The most important resource you will have is your willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk