Business Administration - Level 1 Award
This course is for learners who have some knowledge or experience of Business Administration and would like to further a career in this sector. This course could help you progress to Level 2 Business Administration.
40 Guided Learning Hours. You will also need additional study time to write and complete two assignments.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for learners who are interested in gaining an introduction to business and administration or who would like to develop their employability skills within the sector. If you want to gain an insight in to types of business organisations, purpose of organisational charts, the functional areas of business, to learn how to communicate effectively with colleagues and gain skills needed for team work, then this course is ideally suited to you.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, Pearson BTEC Level 1Award in Principles of Business and Administration.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
You are required to have English skills at Entry 3 or above. You must be able to successfully complete the initial assessment to secure a place on the course. You will need to complete two assignments, which must be your own work.
On the course, you will cover the following topics:
- Purpose and structure of business organisations
- The role of an administrator in a business organisation
- The importance of environmental sustainability in a business organisation
- Working in a safe way in a business environment
- Acting professionally in a business environment
- Equality and Diversity in a business environment
- The importance of confidentiality and security in an organisation
What Could This Course Lead To?
- Progression to Level 2 in Business Administration
- Further study at Level 1 in complementary courses i.e. Customer Service
How Will I Learn?
Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
- Using ICT to complete your assignments.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- The most important resource you will have is your willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk