Business Start Ups - Level 1 Award
To develop skills and knowledge needed to set up your own business. You will need to have a business idea, which you launch during the course.
50 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 1 x2.5hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their enterprise skills for everyday life and work and achieve a Level 1 qualification.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, Level 1 Award in Developing Employability Skills through Enterprise awarded by ABC Awards. There are a range of learning activities to ensure you have the skills and knowledge for each assessment. There is a written assessment for each unit, therefore good ICT skills are essential. The course embeds the development of study, English, maths and employment skills to help you successfully launch your business idea.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you will complete the following mandatory units;
- Understanding Enterprise
- General employability skills
- Producing a business product
- Marketing your business
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course could lead to your own business, employment or progression to a higher level e.g. Level two course.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
- Using ICT to complete your assignments
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- The most important resource you will have is your willingness and enthusiasm to learn
You will need to have a business idea – either a product or service you would like to launch. You must have your own personal funds to produce/launch your product
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk