Customer Service – Level 1 Award
This course is for learners who would like to develop their knowledge to work in the customer service industry. At this level you will develop a good base understanding that may help you progress to a Level 2 qualification in Customer Service.
40 Guided Learning Hours. You will also need to schedule additional time on a weekly basis to complete individual learning assignments. This qualification will be assessed with a formal assessment at the end of the course. This exam comprises of short questions followed by small case study with longer questions.
Who Is This Course For?
For people wishing to work with people in a customer-facing role - this could be in a bank/shop/office reception. It will provide the skills needed to deal with both external and internal customers.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes – City and Guilds Level 1 Award in Customer Service.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Previous experience of a retail/customer services environment would be useful. You will need to successfully complete the initial assessment to secure a place on the course. You will require English skills at Level 1.
By the end of the course you will:
- Know how to deliver good customer service
- Know different communication methods
- Know how to provide good customer service in line with organisational procedures
- Know how to effectively deal with customer queries, problems and complaints
What Could This Course Lead To?
Customer service skills are in demand and can help you find work in almost any industry or job role - you could use these skills in almost any setting for example, working in a busy call centre, a sports or leisure centre, a hair salon or a bank. If you work as a freelance or contractor, customer service skills can help you build up your business by increasing your customers' satisfaction. You could look to do Customer Service Level 2 or further develop your skills by doing Business Administration qualifications - look at our Business Administration at Level 1 or Level 2.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
- Using ICT to complete your assignments.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
- The most important resource you will have is your willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- You need to attend and sit the final exam
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk