Graphic Design Level 2 Certificate
This exciting course introduces you to new ideas about design, photography, illustration, design software and image editing skills. You will confidently use a wide range of techniques and processes imaginatively to develop own ideas. You will create an individual portfolio of work that will help you to progress to a Level 3 study. By the end of the course you will be able to create use graphics and design software tools to create, manipulate and edit the design of images.
90 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 1 x3hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their computer skills for everyday life and work and achieve a level 1 ITQ qualification.
Will I Gain Any Qualification?
Yes, ITQ level 2 Qualification. There is an assessment for each unit. You can do these in the classroom when you are ready. You will have lots of chance to practise the skills you need in class before you do the assessments.
All our Digital Skills courses embed development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify what technical factors affecting designs need to be taken into account and how to do so
- Obtain, insert and combine information for designs
- Use design software tools to create, manipulate and edit design
- Select and use suitable techniques to create designs
- Use guide lines and dimensioning tools appropriately to enhance precision
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to manipulate and edit for designs
- Check designs meet needs, using IT tools and making corrections as necessary
- Identify and respond to quality problems with designs to make sure that they meet needs
What Could This Course Lead To?
At the end of the course, your tutor will check your skills to see what you are ready to do next: Access to Higher education or a job as a trainee Graphic Designer.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Adobe license can be purchased from BAES for a time limit
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
- Awarding Body, TLM Ingots https://theingots.org