Digital Marketing - Level 1 Certificate
To develop practical digital marketing skills using various platforms and software to design the final product and obtain a qualification.
60 Guided Learning Hours. Courses are usually 30 weeks at 2hrs per week.
Who Is This Course For?
Our new course in Digital Marketing is for anyone who wants to advertise and promote their business using digital marketing or for anyone who wants to get into digital marketing employment. The pre-requisite subjects are included in this course so no prior experience in marketing is necessary. However, you need to have the following accounts setup prior to the course: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. This course will help to develop your social media knowledge, provide a guide into what a successful social media plan consists of, how to identify and engage your target audience as well as identifying the tools to measure your social media success with and a handy guide of hints and tips on time saving, all relevant to your small businesses.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, TLM Ingots IT User Skills Level 1 Certificate. There is an assessment for each unit. You will have lots of chance to practise the skills you need online and in class before you do the assessments. All our ICT courses embed development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
No. The subjects you need are included in this course so no prior experience in digital marketing is necessary. Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you. You should have a working knowledge of various social media networks.
This course covers the essentials behind developing creative and successful social media advertising campaigns. You will explore best-practice campaigns and tools and techniques for writing copy, developing imagery and video, and aligning paid, owned and earned social media activity.
You will be introduced to advertising planning and management techniques on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn as well as emerging platforms with advertising opportunities. This course takes you through practical exercises designed to help you go on develop your own social media paid strategy.
The qualification includes the following units:
- Improving Productivity Unit (3 credits)
- Specialist Software (2 credits)
- Video Software (2 credits)
- Imaging Software (3 credits)
- Digital Editing & Publishing (4 credits)
English, maths and employability skills are also included and will be aimed at you individually, giving you what you need to make progress. Enrichment activities are embedded into the course. Studying for this focused qualification will quickly increase your employability, confidence and career prospects.
What Could This Course Lead To?
You could apply for digital marketing jobs or progress in your studies. Potential starting salaries in social media/digital marketing £28,000+. Source: Social media intern jobs in Birmingham 2019.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
- Awarding Body, TLM Ingots https://theingots.org