Studio & Location Photography - Beginners
This course will enable you to capture better images using your digital camera. You will learn about the different techniques to take outdoor pictures. The course is predominantly outdoor photography, but if the weather is not suitable we will run studio photography sessions.
16 hours – usually 8 weekly sessions of 2 hours
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to:
- Improve their outdoor photography skills
- Get to know how to use their digital camera better
- Develop their Photoshop skills
Will I gain a qualification on this course?
No – this is a non-accredited course
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Yes, basic computer skills are essential. Entry level 1 in literacy and numeracy (free help is available within BAES if required). At the start of this course, your tutor will carry out an initial assessment to check that the level is suitable for you. The learner should have a digital camera. For studio work, the camera will need a hot shoe.
You will learn about:
- Urban and architecture photography
- Scenic photography
- Capturing sunsets
- Street photography
- Long exposure photography
- Improving images in Photoshop
- Converting images to black & white
How will I learn?
- Observe tutor demonstrations of Photography techniques
- Undertake practical tasks and experimentation
- Produce a small portfolio of work
What could this course lead to?
This course provides a good base for learners to progress to qualifications at levels 1 or 2 in Digital Photography.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
You will need a digital camera, a memory stick and a camera card reader. A tripod would be ideal but some can be provided by the tutor.