Cake Baking: Vegan Cakes
This hand on course will build on your previous knowledge of what it takes to create vegan cakes. Vegan cakes are made without eggs, dairy butter or dairy milk. The programme offers a fun and inspiring way to continue to build on your hobby. You will be learning alongside other engaged and enthusiastic students, providing a new social circle all with a common love.
What to expect from the course
The course will enable learners to
- Bake a selection of vegan cakes
- Learn how to replace standard ingredients.
- Work with plant-based substitutes, such as banana or flaxseed for eggs, non-trans-fat margarine or oils for butters and plant milks for milk.
The main proportion of the course will cover various vegan cake making skills and these skills will be used to make different cake projects.
You will be creating a range of pieces throughout your lessons, combining them together for a project in the final part of the term. This will give you the chance to tap into different skills and methods before bringing together the individual elements on one ''showstopper'' piece.
Why study with BAES Arts?
If you are keen to grow your cake making skills - to vegan cake making, then this is the course for you. The course runs on the mentality of learning by doing, and so it is perfect for people who prefer a practical approach to their studies. You will leave the course having reignited your passion for the delicate art of cake design.
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical Art skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in-depth courses
This course is suitable for learners who previous baking knowledge.
Further education courses in Baking, Catering, Cake Decoration
Initial course resources / Additional cost
You need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, which you will need to bring to each session. Your Tutor will discuss this with yo