Child Protection Workshop (BAES)
Length of course
1 day workshop for 5 Hours
This workshop will raise awareness of the telltale signs of child abuse and poor practice. It will offer the tools required to safeguard and protect children sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise.
In 2018-2019, there were 1,461.717 jobs available in Birmingham, with an average salary of £24.017.
By the end of the course candidates should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
- Recognize the signs of child abuse
- Raise their awareness of safeguarding and child protection
- Considering various approaches to situations relating to safeguarding and child protection
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for those:
- Professionals who want to understand safeguarding and child protection
- Anyone who is interested in working with children
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Learners require no prior qualifications, only a desire to self-reflect and develop self-awareness combined with a willingness to share their own thoughts within a confidential environment.
Will I gain any qualifications?
How will I learn?
Learning on the course will include tutor input, group discussion, experimental learning and individual reflection.
What can the course lead to?
Entry 3 Working with Children.
Level 1 Working with Children and Adults.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?