Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Length of course
1 day workshop for 6 Hours
The course is designed to raise awareness of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and its use with people with mental health problems. The course will offer opportunities for participants to look at their own thinking patterns and for learners to develop a knowledge of how this type of therapy can help others.
By the end of the course candidates should be able to:
- Develop their own understanding of the types of thoughts that can distress people
- Develop awareness of their own thoughts
- Raise their awareness of the current use of cognitive behaviour therapy in the helping professions
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for those:
- Professionals who want to understand how CBT is currently used in mental health
- Anyone who is interested in counselling theories and their own self-development
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Learners require no prior qualifications, only a desire to self-reflect and develop self-awareness combined with a willingness to share their own thoughts in within a confidential environment.
Will I gain any qualifications?
How will I learn?
Learning on the course will include tutor input, group discussion, experimental learning and individual reflection.
What can the course lead to?
Certificate in Counselling Skills – Level 2.
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?
Writing material and an A4 size folder.