Behaviour Management Workshop
Length of course
1 day workshop for 5 Hours
This workshop will raise an awareness that effective behaviour management is a central aspect of high-quality work with children and young people. Poor behaviour is a source of considerable stress for parents or anyone working with children and young people. We aim to offer a better understanding and a variety of practical strategies within a supportive, no-blame environment.
By the end of the course candidates should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of different types of behaviour
- Recognise unwanted behaviour
- Raise their awareness of how to manage wanted behaviour
- Considering various ways of rewarding positive behaviour
Who is the course for?
The course is suitable for those:
- Individuals who want a better understanding of behaviour management
- Anyone who is interested in working with children
Do I need any knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Learners require no prior qualifications, only a desire to self-reflect and develop self-awareness combined with a willingness to share their own thoughts in within a confidential environment.
Will I gain any qualifications?
How will I learn?
Learning on the course will include tutor input, group discussion, experimental learning and individual reflection.
What can the course lead to?
Entry 3 Working with children
Level 1 Working with Children and adults
What materials or equipment will I need to provide?