Make sure your employees have the skills and knowledge they need for your business to succeed.
As we embark on the road to recovery from COVID-19 does your business need staff training and upskilling?
There are a range of Government funded schemes and training opportunities available to help you make sure that your workforce are trained and qualified. Not only will this help to make your employees work more effectively and efficiently it will also help you to retain your team. Develop your team and invest in the skills of your workforce using one of the following programmes.
Grants are available of £500 - £18,000 for Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) to upskill new and existing employees.
The £12m Supplier Skills Programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and managed by Birmingham City Council and offers SMEs the opportunity to access grant funding to develop and upskill their workforce.
This programme is available to SMEs which are:
- based within, or locating to, the More Developed areas of The Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP), namely Birmingham, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Solihull or Wyre Forest
- operating within the priority growth sectors within the GBSLEP More Developed areas as outlined in the eligibility criteria
- able to match fund the training costs (50% of training costs will be match funded by the SME and the remaining 50% by ESF)
Note: Match funding cannot be sourced from public funds.
All training must be accredited by the Ofqual Framework or recognised by industry and professional accrediting bodies. The grant will enable employees to achieve any of the following:
- Full qualifications level 1-7, or equivalent
- Units or a unit of qualification at basic level
Ready to apply for a grant?
Supplier Skills Programme is part funded by European Social Fund (ESF)
We recognise your company’s greatest source of expertise and innovation – your people.
A clear training programme supports everyone in your organisation, from new recruits to seasoned staff and line managers. Bespoke training lets you target specific business needs with a range of dedicated solutions.
- Bespoke training is a hand-picked mix of short courses, coaching and education that is tailored to your industry and targeted to your business goals.
- BAES works with employers to design programmes that are uniquely relevant and responsive to our city’s market intelligence challenges, drawing on years of experience in education and training, and rooted in the communities we serve.
Our courses are developed by industry experts and you can be as confident in the quality of our resources as we are. Our well-established CPD offer contains courses starting at £50. Throughout 2021, we will be aiming to further extend and develop our suite of CPD certified courses, to bring even more benefits to learners and businesses.