Information about our course fees
How much will it cost?
Provided you meet residency requirements, certain courses are FREE. These include;
- English and maths functional skills.
- maths and English GCSE courses are free if you have not previously achieved a grade A-C or 4-9 at GCSE
- Essential Digital Skills qualifications are free if you have not previously achieved an IT qualification at that level or above
The discount fee is available if you are:
- in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- in receipt of Employment Support Allowance Work Related Activity Group (ESA/WRAG)
- in receipt of an income-based benefit* and are actively seeking work or better employment
- employed and earning less than £9.50 per hour (you will need to provide evidence of this)
- are unemployed
*Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (WRAG/HRAG), Income Support, Pension Tax Credit, Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit, Asylum Support.
If you are not eligible for a Discount fee you will have to pay the full course fee and any exam and assessment fees.
Other important fee information
There is an exam fee for all qualification courses.
Unfortunately some 2021/22 exam fees have still to be confirmed by the exam boards. For some learners the exam entry will be free depending on the course and your personal circumstances. Please ask staff for details.
For Level 3 courses the exam fee is already included in the published course fee.
16 - 18 year olds
If you are aged 16-18 on 31st August 2021 the fee you pay will depend on other education you are engaged in. Please speak to a member of staff for more information.
Level 3 courses
If you are over 19 on 31st August 2021 and studying a level 3 course, then you must either pay the full cost of the course or take out a loan for all or part of the course fee. The loans are administered by the Student Loans Company. Ask Centre staff for details or go to www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans.
European Community / EEA learners
You must provide proof of your status at enrolment. Provided you meet eligibility criteria, standard fees, concessions and discounts apply.
International learners (non EC/EEA)
The minimum course fee is £10 per hour. For details on the residency requirements needed to qualify for our funded courses please ask at your local centre.