Join us and make a real difference
If you have a passion for helping adults achieve their life goals - we want to hear from you!
Birmingham Adult Education Service is one of the largest providers of adult education opportunities in the United Kingdom. Each year we run over two thousand courses and have around 10,000 learners who benefit from the new skills and confidence they acquire on our wide range of courses. As part of Birmingham City Council, we have an exciting and growing programme of provision to support the employment and wellbeing agenda of our diverse and multicultural city.
At our last Ofsted Inspection (March 2019) we were judged to be GOOD.
We are looking for innovative and dedicated tutors, highly skilled business support and professional services staff to join our team as we continue on our journey to becoming outstanding. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
What we do
- Qualifications from Entry level up to Level 3
- GCSE courses in English, Maths and Science
- English language course (ESOL) (includes understanding cultural differences and community cohesion)
- Courses in over 15 different modern foreign languages from beginners through to advanced level
- Courses for individuals who wish to upskill and obtain qualifications for work
- Vocational courses: IT, business, creative arts, health and social care, well-being, special/additional educational needs
- Vocational courses can include work-related placements and activities
- Family learning courses (in partnerships with schools/children’s centres)
- Courses run during the daytime, evenings and on Saturdays
- Courses run all year round
Equality and Diversity
Birmingham Adult Education Service welcomes people from diverse and under-represented communities.
We are committed to promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of all our staff and removing barriers to improve inclusion. We encourage applicants to disclose disabilities so we can support them fully during our recruitment process and make any necessary reasonable adjustments.
We are making significant strides to understand and continuously improve our employees’ experience and we are committed to implementing progressive diversity talent management.
Why work for BAES?
- We are an ambitious and supportive organisation (BAES)
- Ofsted Grade 2 and working towards Outstanding and highly respected by West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) (BAES)
- Teacher's Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Smaller teacher / learner class ratios (compared to FE colleges and schools) – learner centred
- Innovative staff team committed to putting the learner, communities and the staff team at the centre of everything we do
- The service is financially thriving and seeking growth
- Full time, part-time and sessional positions available
- Fee-exemption from BAES courses for staff (professional or pleasure)
- Excellent CPD and professional development
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Staff Awards and employee recognition scheme
As part of Birmingham City Council you will have access to
- Free staff wellbeing services
- Be part of the BCC Rewards Programme
- Annual Leave starting at 30 days rising to 33 days after 5 years of local government service and 35 days after 10 years of continuous service.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Flexible working / work life balance