Get qualified fast
In uncertain times it is important that you have the right qualifications to impress potential employers.
Choose BAES to turn your experience into nationally recognised qualifications and get interview-ready fast. Our fast-track courses are available to be started, studied and completed at times to suit your lifestyle and circumstances. Our tutors will be available to support and teach you in ways that best suit your individual needs.
Dependent on your employment status these courses may be available to you free of charge or at discounted price.
Are you 16 to 24-years-old and on Universal Credit? Interested in a 6-month paid job?
If you’re looking to start a career in digital marketing, business administration or sales, Birmingham City Council has some exciting new opportunities available with local employers.
Our priority is your success, and we will work with Kickstart employers to support you to learn while you earn! To help you succeed we’re offering a free 2-week Pre-Kickstart training programme including a skills assessment so we can help you to boost your long-term employment prospects.
We will help you start your journey with a fresh look at your skills levels and support you to create an individual learning plan to keep – whether or not you apply for a kickstart job!
Route to Work
This is our exciting new initiative to help you get the skills and know-how to return to employment.
Our short workskills courses and workshops will help you
- complete effective application forms
- be successful at interviews
- get a job in your chosen employment sector.
- develop work-related skills and build confidence
- find out about vacancies in the local job market
- access traineeships and apprenticeships.
Route to Work is driven by you
- you will be asked to complete a skills check and tell us about your career goals
- our staff will analyse your information and support you
- we bring together and connect you with the right people.