Attending an On-site class
Please read the following so that you are aware of the provisions we have in place and the rules to follow in the current COVID-19 situation when accessing Birmingham Adult Education Service venues.
- Do not attend the centre if you are feeling unwell or showing any signs of the virus.
- Attendance: To help control and monitor the number of people in the building you must only attend the Centre on days that you have been told to.
- Face coverings should be worn whilst moving around the building and in communal areas.
- Please use the hand sanitizers in reception when you arrive.
- If you sneeze or cough, please do so into a tissue. Place the tissue into the small bags provided and then put into the bin.
- Please keep a 2 metre distance between you and other people in the Centre. Social Distancing: Guidelines state that social distancing should be followed “where possible” and keeping within the 2M rule.
- Please keep to the left when walking on stairs and in corridors.
- Corridors will be marked with social distancing to assist you: some centres will operate a one-way system. This will be clearly indicated.
- Hand washing is the most effective way to reduce the spread of the virus. Please wash your hands often.
- You will receive a text advising you which classroom your class is in.
- Each room will have a maximum number displayed on the door. Please do not enter if the room is full.
- Furniture will be laid out in line with social distancing rules and furniture not to be used will be taped off or moved to the side – please do not move any furniture.
- Rooms will be cleaned regularly. We will also supply cleaning materials if you wish to clean the space yourself.
- You will be asked to leave the room one at a time to support social distancing.
- Please bring your own pens. If not we will provide one for you.
- If you wish to wear a face covering whilst in class, you are welcome to do so.
If you need any further help or guidance please speak to a member of staff.