Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (AAT) – Level 2
To enable the learner to gain underpinning knowledge to support future work in accountancy and finance.
105 guided earning hours plus you will be expected to work at home.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is suitable if you:
- Want to build practical bookkeeping skills or gain recognition for skills you already have
- Want to gain confidence in manual bookkeeping
- Want to enter employment or improve your career prospects
- Are working in finance and want an industry-recognised qualification
- May like to run book-keeping services for local businesses
- Run your own business and want to do your own bookkeeping
- Want a qualification from the industry-recognised provider which is valued by employers in a range of industries
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes, AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2. There are two computer-based exams.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Yes, Level 2 qualifications in maths and English and be confident at using a computer at least at Level 1. Have completed L1 Access Award in Bookkeeping or have equivalent skills.
- Bookkeeping transactions: process customer and supplier transactions; process receipts and payments; process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance.
- Bookkeeping controls: use control accounts; use the journal; reconcile a bank statement with the cash book.
What Could This Course Lead To?
The skills developed will give a solid base from which to support you progressing to other City & Guilds accounts qualifications such as Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping. Alternatively, you may prefer to look for employment and apply for jobs such as clerical assistant, trainee bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant or administrator.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resources.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 (Excel) which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
- You will be expected to attend the full course and sit a computer based exam
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk