Introduction to Digital Marketing Level 1 (Award)
This exciting new course introduces you to the exciting and important world of Digital Marketing. In this course you will undertake the planning and management of a marketing campaign. You will research a range of platforms used for digital marketing such as TV, print and digital advertising, websites and social media to inform the creation of your own campaign. This may be to promote a product or raise awareness of an issue. You will review you work in response to the design brief and outline any improvements for future practice.
55 hours. Courses are usually 1 x 2 hrs per week or 1 x 3 hours per week.
Who is this course for?
Adults (19+) who would like to develop their computer skills for everyday life and work and achieve a level 1 Digital Marketing qualification.
Will I gain any qualification?
Yes, level 1 award qualification. There is no exam and the assessment is based on a portfolio of work created during the course. You will do these in the classroom as and when you are ready. You will have lots of chance to practise the skills you need in class before you do the assignments for your portfolio.
All our Digital Skills courses embed development of study, English, maths and job skills to help prepare you for study at higher levels and improve work prospects.
Do I need any prior knowledge, skills or qualifications?
Your English, maths and IT skills will be assessed before you join the course to make sure that the course is the right level for you.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know principles of digital marketing
- Principles for writing a product description include: features, benefits, keywords
- Outline principles for writing a product description for digital marketing
- Know about digital marketing via social media
- Outline ways a selected platform can be used for digital marketing
- Know about digital marketing via emails
- Outline principles for writing promotional emails to customers
- Know about digital marketing via ads
- Outline things to include in a digital ad
- State places to market via digital ads
- Be able to market a product digitally
What could this course lead to?
At the end of the course, your tutor will check your skills to see what you are ready to do next: Level 2 in Digital Marketing or other IT Qualifications or the next step towards higher education such as an access course.
How will I learn?
- Use of Learner portal and Moodle (online course to support your learning)
- The teacher showing you things
- Talking with other learners
- Doing tasks with other learners
- Using computers
- Your tutor will give regular feedback on what do well and what you need to do to improve
- You will use an online Individual Learning Plan (e-Trackr) which sets targets that are personal to you. Targets will be added throughout the course to develop your IT skills and support your journey to achieve long term goals. Your tutor will give you regular feedback on what you are doing well and what you need to do to improve.
What we require of you as a learner?
You will be invited to a 1:1 progress review with your tutor. This will take place either 15 minutes before or after your normal class time.
You will need a pen, notepad, and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises. If possible, bring along your own device (smartphone or tablet) to access online resources and apps to support your ICT learning in class. You will also need to be prepared to do some individual work at home between classes.
To improve your progress on the course we expect you to attend on time and every session. If you are unable to attend a session, you will be required to email your tutor with the reason for non-attendance.
Support if you are registered unemployed, looking for a job or a better job – Route to Work
As part of your programme of learning, we will support you to develop the skills you need to get a job or a better job, such as CV writing, application forms, interviews and working in a team. Your tutor will discuss your individual learning and development needs to agree with you which of our Route to Work short courses will best suit your needs and enrol you on these modules.