ECDL - Level 2 Certificate
The ECDL Level 2 course enables learners to enhance their competence in using Word Processing software, Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint Presentations. This Online course is interactive and packed with exercises, enabling learners to apply what they have learnt in the workplace and prepares them well for the ECDL exam.
90 guided learning hours at 3 hours per week.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for you if you wish to develop your ICT skills in ways that will enable you to use the computer applications competently and achieve the highly coveted ECDL qualification. The course is suitable for those with considerable IT experience who wish to acquire a qualification sought by employers. It is the next step for learners who have recently completed ECDL or ITQ Level 1.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
Yes. You will gain a BCS Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ECDL Extra) on completion of 4 online timed tests.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
Those without qualifications may be suitable but must have a good knowledge of Microsoft applications in a work environment. It will appeal mostly to those who have completed ECDL Level 1 Award. Level 1 or above in English is needed to be able to pass online tests. Use of Office 2016 software at home is advisable.
By the end of the course learners will be able to use the following Microsoft software at a level expected in a typical office environment:
- Use Presentation software (PowerPoint)
- Make good use of word processing packages (Word)
- Create and make the most of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Understand and explain how this software may be used to improve productivity
What Could This Course Lead To?
You will have a qualification that is recognised by the majority of employers for office jobs and administrative work.
How Will I Learn?
- Learning will take place initially in a classroom environment and then online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
- You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher. You will record your own progress and have your work checked regularly throughout the course.
- Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
- A laptop, computer or a tablet which is connected to the internet
- Microsoft Office 365 which we will provide for free when you enrol on one of our courses
- Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
- Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your tutor for marking
- You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
- You will be expected to complete all end of unit exams and complete the full course
- For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
- The Chartered Institute for IT: www.bcs.org