How to set up and use an Email Account
Email is the primary way to communicate within organisation and with their customers. It is almost expected that everyone will have an email address. In this course you will learn how to set up and use an email.
3 Guided Learning Hours. The course is usually a 1 x 3hr session.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is for anyone who need to use an email for work, study or personal communications.
Will I Gain Any Qualifications?
No. This is a course to develop your skills further. There is no qualification awarded, but you will receive a certificate from Birmingham Adult Education Service.
Do I Need Any Prior Knowledge, Skills Or Qualifications?
This course is suitable for those who have the skills to complete an online course. You should be familiar with using a computer, mouse, keyboard or tablet and the internet.
By the end of these courses you will be able to
• Which email account to register with (Hotmail, Yahoo, Outlook etc)
• How to choose an email address
• How to choose an email password
• How to send and receive emails
What Could This Course Lead To?
This course is part of our digital skills curriculum and it could lead on to many of our qualification and community learning courses such as How to use MS Teams, How to use Zoom or How to set up a Linkedin account.
How Will I Learn?
• Learning will take place either in a classroom or online from your home using Birmingham Adult Education Services Virtual Learning Environment (VLE - Moodle) which is a secure online tool to support you with your studies. It has been designed to complement teaching and offers a flexible addition to studying with us. Various other tools like Microsoft Teams, Zoom & Padlet will be used to enhance teaching & learning.
• You will be able to access resources, engage in online activities, study independently, and participate in group discussions with your teacher
• Once you are enrolled your teacher will provide you with an enrolment key and show you how to access the resource.
What Materials Or Equipment Will I Need To Provide?
You will need to have access at home to:
• A laptop, computer or tablet which is connected to the internet
• Notepad and pen – you will need to take notes during the online sessions and a folder to store hand-outs and completed exercises
What We Require Of You As A Learner?
Regular attendance is essential for you to succeed
• You will be expected to attend the full course
• Work at home will need to be completed punctually and sent to your teacher for marking
• You will need to ensure that you allow sufficient time for self-study and complete any homework set
• For more information about Birmingham Adult Education Service: www.learnbaes.ac.uk
Support if you are registered unemployed, looking for a job or a better job – Route to Work
As part of your programme of learning, we will support you to develop the skills you need to get a job or a better job, such as CV writing, application forms, interviews and working in a team. Your tutor will discuss your individual learning and development needs to agree with you which of our Route to Work short courses will best suit your needs and enrol you on these modules.