Digital Art Design - Introduction
This is a beginner’s introduction course series aimed at visual artists who use technology and digital creation tools in their current practice. 4 week Introduction course followed by a 6 week subject specific Module. The workshops provides a basis in digital media theories and practice for visual artists, you will need some basic IT knowledge and have had experience of working with digital creation software.
What to expect from the course
- We give you access to digital tools with a focus on how digital creations transfer to ‘output’; this could be taking the form of print media, web suitability and prospective creative works.
- The workshop will introduce concepts data formats, technical principles, colour, resolution, pixels, file size/ compression and image source suitability.
- In further modules we will look at other Artists and Practitioners who use Digital Art elements in their own work, understanding the fundamentals and the potential of digital creation will help inform your own practice. We encourage experimental use of these tools to broaden creative potential.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector whilst developing communication and IT skills used across the creative industries.
- Develop IT and communication skills.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry.
Interest in the Creative Arts and Design / Self Employment. No formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Art and Design, IT, Creative Software
Initial course resources / Additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre. However, you may need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, this will be discussed with your Tutor if required.