Art: Mixed Media
This course is suitable for those who have beginners experience drawing and painting and want to develop their understanding of core drawing and painting principles.
- Explore a variety of different media such as watercolours/acrylics and mixed media processes.
- You will be expected to work independently and engage in group tasks in order to develop your skills and knowledge. The course covers a range of techniques, skills, sustainability an awareness of employment other opportunities in the subject.
- Throughout the course series you will create developmental pieces of work, use artists work to influence personal outcomeswith the aim to produce a final piece.
What to expect from the course
- We will introduce you to basic skill techniques to develop drawing and painting.
- You can explore methods of drawing at a basic level and get introduced to key concepts such as line, tone, representation and composition.
- You will start by with initial experimental mark-making to build your confidence, by the end of the course you will have produced a number of development pieces applying the techniques learnt.
- The 6 week course blocks focus on building key techniques of drawing and painting, applying the key concepts, representation and composition.
- The modules will help you further explore and advance your use of chosen mixed media.
- You will create preparatory pieces developing basic techniques, experimenting with how to apply and adapt.
- Develop an understanding of and strategy to source sustainable materials. Efficient planning of work to ensure materials can be re-used. Advice on purchasing sustainable and eco-friendly products
- Research + enrichment: You will look at a range of historical and contemporary artists and learn from the techniques they have used in their work to develop your own outcomes.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical Art skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry, exploring design concepts and build wider knowledge within the Arts.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in depth courses
Interest in the Creative Arts
No formal entry requirements
As the course involves a lot of independent work, eg learners completing their own projects with tutor guidance, it is expected that you will have the art skills to work independently.
To ensure that you gain maximum benefit from your course you will need to attend all sessions, be punctual and bring the correct materials to each session. A commitment to working independently outside the classroom is required.
Further education courses in Art and Design
Initial course resources / additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre. However, you may need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, this will be discussed with your Tutor if required.
Specific Tools/ Equipment: Learners will need a drawing pencils, cartridge paper, watercolours, watercolour paper, brushes, acrylic etc