Cake Decorating: Basic Sugar Flowers
- This hand on course for beginners who want to learn the knowledge of what it takes to create basic sugar flowers. You will develop the specialist skills needed to make sugar flowers look completely realistic.
- The programme offers a fun and inspiring way to continue to build on your hobby. You will be learning alongside other engaged and enthusiastic students, providing a new social circle all with a common love.
What to expect from the course
The course will enable learners to use the following skills to complete a simple caricature cake project:
- Work with sugar paste
- Learn to colour and dust sugar paste
- Learn to make single rose buds and flowers
- Incorporate leaves to complete your roses
- Combine flowers together to create a rose spray
The main proportion of the course will cover various sugar flower skills and these skills will be used to make a spray of rose flowers .
You will be creating a range of pieces throughout your lessons, combining them together for a project in the final part of the term. This will give you the chance to tap into different skills and methods before bringing together the individual elements on one ''showstopper'' piece
Why study with BAES Arts?
If you are keen to grow flower making skills - from simple sugar craft skills to more complex designs - then this is the course for you.
The course run on the mentality of learning by doing, and so it is perfect for people who prefer a practical approach to their studies. You will leave the course having reignited your passion for the delicate art of sugar craft.
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in-depth courses
This course is suitable for learners who previous baking knowledge.
Further education courses in Baking, Catering, Cake Decoration
Initial course resources / Additional cost
You need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, which you will need to bring to each session. Your Tutor will discuss this with you