Digital Photography: Photo Editing - The Basics
- This is a 6-week introductory course to the basic skills of photo editing. It is aimed at photographers who want to improve the quality of their finished work.
- You will look at a range of post-production techniques. This will include cropping, colour balance, brightness and contrast and more.
- You will also learn about different file types such as JPG and RAW, image size and resolution and tailoring your images for print or the Internet.
What to expect from the course
- You will explore the basics of photo editing to learn key techniques and principles of image editing and manipulation. The focus will be onenhancing your images using image editing software.
- You will use some of the basic and most used post-production techniques to improve your images.
- You will learn the skills to prepare your work for print or screen.
- This is a hands-on practical course with research activities to consider both classic and current photography trends.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector whilst developing communication and IT skills used across the creative industries.
- Develop IT and communication skills.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in-depth courses.
Interest in the Creative Arts and Design/ Photography. No formal entry requirements, however, you will need some basic IT knowledge.
Further education courses in Art and Design and Photography. Progress onto the Advanced Techniques course.
Initial course resources / additional cost
Some tools and computers and software available you your use at the Centre. The skills covered on the course are common to all photo manipulation packages, although some functions may not be present in free or very cheap versions.
You may wish to purchase some tools and materials to complete your work, this can be discussed with your tutor if required.