Digital Photography Workshop: Photo Editing and Camera Controls
You may own a DSLR or mirrorless camera but want to get the best out of it. The first part of the course covers perhaps the most important camera controls. You will learn all about exposure, the exposure triangle and how make the best exposures.
Once you have taken your photographs, you will want to bring out the best in them. The second part of the course deals with some of the basic skills in photographic post-production. You will use software to learn about colour balance, brightness and contrast, and other techniques to improve your images.
What to expect from the course
- You will learn the principles of exposure and use Aperture and Shutter Priority and Manual settings.
- You will also examine composition and colour balance.
- You will use some of the basic and most used post-production techniques
- This is a hands-on practical course with research activities to consider both classic and current photography trends.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector whilst developing communication and IT skills used across the creative industries.
- Develop IT and communication skills.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in-depth courses.
Interest in the Creative Arts and Design/ Photography. No formal entry requirements, however, you will need some basic IT knowledge.
Further education courses in Art and Design and Photography
Initial course resources / Additional cost
You will need a DSLR/mirrorless camera. Some tools and computers and software available you your use at the Centre. You may wish to purchase some tools and materials to complete your work, this can be discussed with your tutor if required.