Art Workshops: Drawing & Sketching Skills
Start your journey in learning how to draw. This short course is aimed at beginners with little or no experience of drawing skills. You will learn the drawing basics and progress on to develop freehand sketching skills
What to expect from the course
- We will introduce you to basic drawing skill techniques to develop drawing and mark-making skills in pencil and pen.
- You can explore methods of drawing at a basic level and get introduced to key concepts such as line, tone, representation and composition.
- You will start by with initial experimental mark-making to build your confidence, by the end of the course you will have produced a number of development pieces applying the techniques learnt.
- The follow on 6 week course focuses on building key techniques of drawing and mark-making, applying the key concepts of line, tone, representation and composition.
- The modules will help you further explore shape and advance your use of proportion and sizing. You will experiment with how to apply and adapt the weight of a drawn line to add depth, creating detail and texture.
- You will create preparatory pieces developing basic techniques to encompass light and shadow, learning how to create form through light and shade, building your lines into a 3D visual using basic perspective methods.
Why study with BAES Arts?
You will develop an understanding of how to position your career goals within the creative sector across the creative industries.
- Develop practical Art skills, experiment with methods, techniques and processes.
- Learn how to kick-start your career in this industry, exploring design concepts and build wider knowledge within the Arts.
- Our short courses can provide an introduction to key foundation skills needed to enable you to progress onto more in depth courses
Interest in the Creative Arts. No formal entry requirements
Further education courses in Art and Design
Initial course resources / additional cost
Tools and equipment are available for your use at the Centre. However, you may need to purchase some tools and materials for your project, this will be discussed with your Tutor if required.